Monday, July 20, 2009

Sooouuuttthhh Ameeerrriiiicaaaa!

Time is flying by...In just a little over a month Brad and I will be flying into Lima, Peru to start our journey through South America, yeeeah!
We bought our tickets months ago, and I've been fighting the urge to even think about this trip. It didn't seem real, and it was so far away it was painful to even think about all those days of work ahead. But now it's already the end of July and I'm letting myself get excited...reeeally excited!
In this last little stretch of time before we leave, I'm trying to appreciate how comfy my bed is, the nice bathroom i use every day, the kitchen and farmers markets, my mom's garden, walking to the beach after dinner, and all the nice things I do everyday that seem mundane...Ok.. no, I'm lying, I'm not really doing all that every day, but I should, ya know? I really should...
As for planning...I've thought about visas, hostel reservations, bla bla bla, what clothes I'll bring (I'm not a machine-I need to plan my clothing situation carefully)
Brad's checked out every surfing destination south of the border. I'm researching adventures for the weary surfer's girlfriend who needs a break from chilling on the beach alone...again...for hours... I have a feeling that won't be a problem...mwa ha ha...well I'll probably just visit museums, and markets, and toodle around like I always do...Watch out Peru!

I think I'll have a countdown before I go, and every day post a really boring picture of my life so that all the pictures I post from South America will look 10x more exciting and beautiful. Then, I'll look back while I'm down there and really appreciate that I'm not home at that moment. Who's in?!

2 comments: