Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ouais!

I'm still alive and kicking, missing friends and family but having fun speaking french. Since I don't have a really in depth knowledge of the language, I have a few go-to phrases that I use over and over... They have a variety of meaning depending on my intonation and it gives me time to think of how to say whatever it is I'm going to have to say next. Here is an overview;
ouias- yes. yeah. yeah! yeah?
c'est super- That's great. It's great. Everything is great. Great.
ah bien?- really? oh yeah? no kidding? huh?
je vois- i see. i see i understand. i got it. ok, i really got it....

And, I finally have internet on my computer, so I can put up photos!

Martine and I had a " Day of Beauty" and got facials. The lady kept telling us that we looked "eclatant!" radiant!....she might have been exagerating just a little.....

We went hiking in the mountains outside Clermont-Ferrand, where there is a little ski mountain. The view was gorgeous. Strangely enough, we were looking through our binoculars and saw a strange figure all in black walked along on of the mountain ridges. I jokingly said, "oh look it's a monk" but it turned out it was! A group of monks were making their way across the ridge of hte mountain, each one walking solitary along the path. A very strange sight-we still don't know where they came from or why they were there.



As we were walking home, a shepherd was herding his sheep in for the night, and they followed us down the hill. It was sort of relaxing listening to the wind and the bells-i had to take a video...it might be boring....

Martine and I road-tripped down to the south of France together and ended up in Agde, which is right on the Canal du Midi and the Mediterranean. We ate dinner right here.

tapas! the seafood has been....oh la la..amazing!

This is where I am living--Chez les Olmos. We had champagne and oysters on Sunday;) you might be able to guess why i like them so much...


More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment