Saturday, June 12, 2010

Coming into Summer

I sat out in my backyard this morning, eating watermelon, and noticing how our garden has suddenly launched into a green paradise of leaves, vines and buds. You can practically see our squash growing. My roomates started this garden last month, and, if you like to see quick return on hard work, this garden is starting to pay off. It made me realize that I've gone through some immense changes too these past few months, and...years...and wonder if they will be paying off too sometime. But for now, sitting in my garden, I use the growing plants as a tracker of my own internal clock...I often get caught in the every day and forget what I have gone through and the time it took to get to that day. So, I pay tribute to our bountiful garden....and maybe to myself and the people around me who've worked hard to plant their own seeds of spirit, truth, beauty, art and creation.

1 comment: