Sunday, November 21, 2010

rambling on and on

It's raining today like crazy and i've got a cold so I've spent my Sunday lounging in pajamas skyping my family and watching movies. What a great day!
This will be a busy week because I have a lot of lessons planned, as well as...drumroll please....THANKSGIVING DINNER! What started out as just a dinner of 10 has turned into a dinner of 18 plus 5 children. I will be doing the turkey, gravy and stuffing a la Martha Stewart...pictures to come.
Otherwise, it's been getting chilly here and even though it stays around 50 degrees, and icy wind picks up and makes everything seem colder. Of course, the weather here never stays the same for long, next week it could be 65 degrees and sunny, so I'm not too upset that I'm freezing!
I can't believe that November is almost over!! This is shocking! I barely saw the time pass by, and if this is any indicator of how the rest of my year will go then I better keep enjoying myself as much as possible. I feel so lucky that I'm able to be here, have the support of my family and friends, learning to teach, and doing something that I never thought I'd be able to do again. Have I said this before? I just can't stop thinking it.
Plans for the next month; looking for an apartment, going to the Alps to visit Martine for Christmas, preparing for Dad to come in January, becoming an awesome English teacher, trying to stay in shape, finishing my book for book club...
oh yeah, i'm in a book club! It's actually one of the most awesome things I've been doing..thought it's only once a month. It's a group of French and British people who come together and chat about a particular book they're all reading in either English or French. They're pretty animated and it's fun to hear their points of view and see how they react to certain things--definitely makes clear different cultural ticks and influences.
Well, that's about all for now. I'll try to add some photos since i finally found my camera!

2 comments:

  1. Can we skype?! Please please?? I promise I won't be awkward. How did your Thanksgiving dinner go?? I want to join a book club. Your life is so cool and exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I like your self portrait.

    ReplyDelete