Thursday, March 11, 2010

There's Never Really a Reason

I've been back in the states now for over a month...moved into a new apartment, finding a job, getting back into the swing of things...
There was no reverse culture shock, or pain and sadness that i had to go home. In fact, it was as thought I'd never really left. Home is home...not much has changed, and where, before, experiencing new places led me to a lot of internal growth and change...traveling now doesn't create the same impression on me. Don't get me wrong, I had 5 months to think about the person I want to be and the life I want to live, in beautiful, unique locales, with kind and interesting people around me...but getting older means you have to work harder to find surprise and novelty in your environment...

No comments:

Post a Comment